The Game Night attendee's guide to events at the Flesher Family Compound (FFC).

2008-06-01

Zombie's on Tour and Game Night!

So, Dustin, Ian and I have been lamenting the fact that we will not be taking a European vacation this year. The economy is not being kind to those who like to travel. But as Dustin pointed out, at least we won't have to deal with those damned Zombie tourists. Zombies travel, you say? Why of course....

Despite the fact that their brains are rotted and their IQ nonexistent, Zombies crave the taste of other cultures. Europe is a hot spot for zombies because of the buttery pastry fed human brains.

Don't believe us? Check it out...




















Left: Zombies displaying good taste in cuisine, bad taste in music. Right: Michelle and I in grave peril at l'Arc de Triomphe

The first time I encountered Zombies in Europe was the Pere Lachaise Cemetery at Jim Morrison's grave site. I was shocked. Not by the zombies, but by the hippies. This was 1993 people! Someone at least had the levity to bring Jim a balloon from McDonald's. The French were as aloof and oblivious to the zombies as they were to us, of course.

On that same trip, my friend Michelle narrowly avoided getting her brains munched by two zombies near l'Arc de Triomphe. The only thing that save her was clinging as motionless as possible to the light pole. I snapped the photo and proceeded to climb a nearby tree to escape.

I was dismayed to find that the zombies do not stick to urban France, but travel to the mountains as well. On a later trip, I was at a wedding in Cevannes National Park. We were having a nice time. Drinking local desert wines and champaign, eating gateau.... when zombies crashed the wedding. They immediately went for the groom.


Yes, I am strawberry in this photo. I know it's shocking.

Turns out, these zombies had a master, who just happened to be the brides ex-boyfriend. He was quickly discovered and his zombie controlling talisman destroyed.

Zombies also enjoy the mind altering effects of Dutch cuisine. Dustin and Ian have both encountered them in Amsterdam. Check it out:



I could smell them coming. The screaming... it was horrible!
Good thing I keep a shotgun hidden in my pants."




Zombies tried to take my bike! My martial arts skills came in real handy that trip.

This gruesome tale is to remind you about:


Travel Game Night!!

When: June 7th, 2008. Kids games start at 5:00pm, Adults games start at 7:00pm

Where: 318 Nichols Ct.

What do I bring: Bring Games, food or beverage that reminds you of your best travel experience and if you are so inclined, music.

Please RSVP. So far, I only have email and blog RSVPs for 3 adults and 2 children.

8 comments:

suesun said...

2 adults
2 children
0 zombies

drew said...

Je réponder por moi seulement

Unknown said...

...is this where we RSVP? Sawyer and I are coming this saturday. Love, Pam

jana said...

Yes! You can either comment to the blog or you can send an email to RSVP.

Patrice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Klayton said...

Thanks for hosting another fun game night.... The group tasted delicious to this werewolf!

suesun said...

Great slide show. Can't wait to read the write up!

solfegequeen said...

Really enjoying the blog. Keep the Zombie's coming!