The Game Night attendee's guide to events at the Flesher Family Compound (FFC).

2008-05-11

I Suck as a Zombie Master.

So Trish, Klayton, Dustin and I played Last Night on Earth. Let me first say that despite my failure as a Zombie Master, this game is great fun. I think Trish has more Zombie Master potential, but we both learned a few important lessons:

1) Zombies are stupid. Really. The strategy is less in the cards you get and more in how you place your zombies.

2) Don't spawn your zombies in a gun shop. Especially if there are a bunch of heroes in there using up the inventory.

3) If you are losing, stay as far from the Heroes as possible. You are not scary enough to rattle the heroes with your gross appearance.

4) If you earn the chance to spawn more Zombies, don't forget to do this at the end of your turn. Sorry about that. Won't happen again.

and this one goes for every game...

5) Always check the rules to make sure Dustin isn't cheating. I don't think he cheated last night, but there were some nuances in his rule explanations that did warrant investigation. Lucky for him they all checked out.

So the Heroes won the day. They did it in 11 turns; 4 less than the turn limit.

We played the basic scenario. There are more advanced scenarios. I actually think this is an appropriate game night game. The rules are not too complicated. We finished in about three hours, which wasn't bad for a first run through. I would think that once the rules are well known, a Basic game can be completed in 2 hours.

The game comes with a soundtrack BTW. We quickly scrapped it because quite frankly, it was neither scary nor mood setting.

We finished the evening by toking on that metaphorical hookah known as Carcassonne.

1 comment:

Klayton said...

Various people can attest to my skeet-shooting shotgun skills, which appear to translate well into zombie killin'... especially when the zombies are infesting the gun shop.

I think I'm addicted to Carcassonne now, as I dreamt lovingly of curvy roads and city walls last night.

Check out the card game I mentioned: Mille Bornes. I played this vintage edition a million times as a kid.

Great to see the blog up and running.... Thanks for the fun evening of gaming!